Ubi Caritas

Monday, May 01, 2006

United 93

First of all, to my readers (all three of them, LOL), I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I would encourage anyone who would be critical of my lack of contact to go to college full time while working 30+ hours/week. Did I mention my B average? ;) (gets off her defensive soapbox)
Anyhow, regarding United 93: See it.
I am not, as a rule, a person who cries terribly easily. I didn't cry on 9-11. Of course, some of my family-based issues are responsible for that, as well as my not crying at all for a couple of years. Many long stories there, which I will probably not go into on this blog.
I saw United 93 last night, and I bawled my eyes out.
Anyone who thinks that Islam is a "religion of peace," that we shouldn't be over in Afghanistan or Iraq and that we should allow Iran to continue their nuclear enrichment program should see this movie.
Anyone who thinks that America had this coming because we stand by Israel should see this movie.
Anyone who thinks that the American spirit is something to be mocked, snubbed or laughed at should see this movie.
And, finally, anyone who thinks that it is a good idea to ignore the fact that 9-11 HAPPENED because it is hard or painful should see this movie.
This movie has not come out "too soon." As Dr. Laura said today (and she was crying over the air while reading a letter about it), you can't ignore a suspicious lump because it is "too soon." If that lump is cancer, it will eventually kill you whether or not you pay attention to it. You can't ignore the fact that these Muslims hated us so much that they killed three thousand innocent civilians. It happened, and I hope and pray that we as a country never, ever forget.
Every high schooler, every college student, every teacher, professor, citizen, and soldier should see this movie. It happened. Our glossing over of the facts will not make them go away.
God bless America, and may He always bless us with the kind of men and women who would not go quietly into the night, but were willing to fight back with their flatware, fire extinguishers and bare hands to keep these monsters from killing hundreds more innocent civilians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home